Monday, May 3, 2010

Narrative 1


Over the past year I have become close with many different people that I never really talked to before. While becoming close with them and growing older a lot of things have changed and people have left, not completely just for a certain period of time. I have an older friend who went into the army when he was eighteen years old. He came home in December for Christmas and New Years but then he was sent back to Virginia. The last time I saw his face was in March for 3 days and that was the last time I would see him until he was 21 years of age.
A lot of people don’t understand why young teens force themselves into the army when it can ruin your life, or even end it for good. But I believe that if someone is willing to fight for their country and the people they love then why not love them for that. It shows their dedication and courage to the world we live in and how much better it could be.
Over Christmas break there was a falling out between two good friends of mine. They had an immature fight over something that should never ruin a friendship, but for the two weeks we were all together it almost did. It was an awkward and miserable situation for the 7 people that were only looking for a good time that turned into a drama filled vacation. It began with one girl and ended with 3 people that were alone and had no words to waste on one another. The army kid did not understand why this had to happen during the one long vacation he had to spend with the people he was the closest with, but he figured he could give them all advice and try to make the best of the situation.
In mid argument the army kid stood up and decided to almost make a toast or speech or something. He set down his phone that he was texting on and the drink he was sipping from and said I have three words for you that have meant a lot to me since the day I left for my plane to my base when my life had changed forever in just one day. He simply said, those three words are peace, love, and happiness. That is what my life consists of now. What is the point of not getting along and not working through things together? He asked a confused looking teenager sitting across the living room. You can’t always get through everything yourself, no matter how much you want to. There was no point of arguing over something that meant nothing to either of the kids anymore.
This day changed my life and the way I look at situations around me, and how I can resolve them and keep the least amount of fighting in the world around me. Just from three words I have had less drama and worry about each day ahead of me. Peace and love is the key to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment